Thursday, September 30, 2010

give me You eyes for just one second

I have had several conversations with people who are somehow in my life whether i know them from past jobs or classes. These people were sharing their stories...their pain and i find myself for the first time seeing them in their pain. It's not just a story i heard on Oprah or some talk show its their real living nightmare. Then i wonder how many times i pass by people who are hurting and not even notice or care? This thought breaks me heart. When i am in pain, when painful things come my way i have a hope of a peace that passes all understanding. Yet i think i let that peace become contentment and i just hoard all my peace to myself and those near and dear. I am reminded of what Jesus says in John 13;35
                            
                              "this is how they will know you are my disciples, 
                                           if you have love for one another."

I think sometimes i am so blessed that i forget to open my eyes and take a good look around me. I just live in my super clean, super cozy christian bubble and the pain and cries of those surrounding me are just muffed sounds.I pray that God opens my eyes....gives me His eyes for the people who need His love, His peace and need me to show them His love and His peace. 
                          " Give me your eyes for just one second,
                           Give me your eyes so I can see,
                           Everything that I keep missing,
                          Give your love for humanity.
                          Give me your arms for the broken-hearted
                         The ones that are far beyond my reach.
                         Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten.
                         Give me Your eyes so I can see..."    -give me your eyes

                                                                                         by: brandon heath
              

No comments:

Post a Comment